Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Disadvantages of Attending Resource

Just like everything there is always advantages and disadvantages. With attending resource there are reasons why you wouldn't want your child to attend resource. One of the disadvantages is that the student gets pulled out of their class and misses the concepts that are being taught in the classroom during the time that they are gone. There also has to be  severe learning gap in order for them to qualify for the help of resource. So those individuals who struggle in school just a little, have to learn how to work harder because they don't meet that gap. Sometimes even those students who don't the individualized help they need start to give up school and drop out. I was a student  who was one of those students who struggles in school. I love school but I struggle. I am not one who can just study the night before the test and pass the class. I have to really study in advanced  and put more time and effort in my classes and truly work harder than a typical student. I am not saying that I wish I went to resource but I will say that I have a soft spot in my  heart for those students who are bright but they struggle when it comes to test taking or doing math. I think that something should be done to help those students. Whether it be make the classroom smaller or have tutor in each classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment